Effective Date: July 13, 2020
In this policy, "My Bargain Comics" refers to My Bargain Comics staff, cooperating attorneys, interns and consultants, all of whom are bound by law or contract to keep confidential information they receive as part of their assistance to My Bargain Comics.
We respect your privacy. Information about you will not be sold or rented with outside parties under any circumstance. We do not share your personal data except for legitimate purposes or if compelled by law.
My Bargain Comics is committed to providing a secure web site that respects and protects your privacy. This page summarizes our privacy and security policies. We also provide a complete P3P-compliant policy file and a human-readable version of that policy file.
Information My Bargain Comics Collects
In the course of providing our services, My Bargain Comics collects and retains certain personal information. Some of this is required information you provide through the ordering process and some information we collect automatically, to improve your experience on the My Bargain Comics website and the services we provide.
Information that you provide directly.
We may collect, use, store data that you provide to us which we have grouped together as follows:
- Transaction data includes product purchases or orders made by you.
- Marketing and communications data includes your preferences on being on our mailing list and receiving communications from us.
- Identity and contact data includes title, names, addresses, email addresses or phone numbers.
- Account profile data includes a username/display name, password, user preferences and, if you sign up through a third-party account, certain information about that account.
- Financial data includes payment details, which may include billing addresses, credit/debit card details and bank account details.
- Your preferences: information about your preferences, interests, and other customer profile information.
- Social media data: Information regarding social media accounts linked to our website or when you 'follow', 'like', post to, or interact with, our social media accounts, including YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Any other information that you choose to share with us: for example, any information that you provide via postal or electronic correspondence, when you fill out our survey(s), enter contests, competitions or prize drawings, participate in promotions or that you share via our website or or any information that you choose to provide in person or over the phone.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Information that we collect through technology
Information from other sources
In certain circumstances, we will receive information about you from other sources, including third parties. For example, we may receive personal data from any of the following:
- Organizations with whom we provide co-branded events, websites, products, and services.
- Fraud detection agencies.
- Service providers including our website developers, IT support providers, cloud services providers, payment services providers, billing service providers, contractors, consultants, advertising agencies and platforms, digital performance monitoring and management providers, advertising analytics providers, marketing and sales service providers, user experience testing platforms, contact databases, recruitment agencies, survey tool providers, customer relationship and customer support service providers, event ticket retailers, event management platform service providers, customer identity account management providers, HR service providers, couriers, instant messaging service providers.
- Social media plugins. By providing your social media account details you are authorizing that third-party provider to share with us certain information about you.
- Publicly available sources such as LinkedIn.
- We might also receive information about you from other third parties if you have indicated to such third parties that you would like to hear from us.
USE OF INFORMATION
My Bargain Comics uses the collected information to provide more meaningful content, communicate important order information and updates, fulfill orders, analyze site usage, and evaluate potential product offers and promotions. In addition, we use personal information for:
It is necessary to provide shipping information to our shipping partners (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.). We are also required to disclose shipment contents on International shipments.
Information may be validated and processed through third parties to complete transactions and perform services on our behalf.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us or subscribed to marketing communications.
We address suspected or detected unauthorized and illegal activity on or through our website, such as scraping, spam or fraud. May may analyze data to detect security incidents and fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences and design countermeasures.
We will disclose personal information when we are required to do so by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request or when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to protect our legal rights or to safeguard anyone’s property or safety.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We consider your personal information to be a vital part of our relationship with you and do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties, as follows:
- Our service providers who are acting as processors and who assist us with our administrative or business functions, or in the provision of any of our products/services to you. Examples of service providers include payment processors, postal shipping platforms and an e-mail marketing platform used to distribute our marketing communications. Regulators and governmental bodies like the IRS, HMRC, and other authorities and regulators acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Any prospective buyer of our business or assets, only in the event that we wish to sell any part of our business or assets If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal information may be transferred. We will provide notice before your Personal Data is transferred and becomes subject to a different personal information.
- Other third parties including legal, professional or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies and government agencies) where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law
The security of your personal information is very important to us. My Bargain Comics takes measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How long we retain your personal information depends on why we collected it and how we use it, but we will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
You can access, correct or delete your personal information by submitting a request to email@example.com. We will process this request within the required time under the applicable regulation or law. We will not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In such instances, we will inform you about the legal obligations that prevent us from fulfilling the request. We will maintain an audit history of any requests to access, correct or delete personal information to maintain a record of compliance with regulatory requirements.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or anything not sufficiently covered by this document, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: My Bargain Comics, Inc,.
Title of data privacy manager: Data Protection Representative
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 11620 Reisterstown Rd, Ste 240, Reisterstown, MD 21136